Thursday, February 15, 2007

Sarah this one's for you!

Have you noticed? They're everywhere. Practically everyone has one. And here I am on my journey to being "unique"...and I decide to join everyone else...

I have started a blog.

I used to think blogs were silly. But I admit much of my earlier skepticism of blogging came from blog envy. "Blog envy" you ask? Yes - the envy of something to blog about. I didn't have any of the typical blogging subjects in my life (e.g., new babies, cute kids, and/or but not limited to, amazing trips to save the world in some third world country)...hence the blog envy. But then, my sweet friend, Sarah, commented to me that I should have my own blog to share. ME! Child-less, trip-less, little me...and I thought! Yes Sarah! You are right. So here's a blog filled with the details and observations of my life, which will include subjects like adventures with my fabulous friends, moments shared with my ADORABLE nephews and neice, and stories of my delirious patients (because, really those are the funniest!) and probably a random video I find funny because my brother just can't help himself but send them to me.

All this in good time, dear friends. Just wanted to let you know that I have entered the blogging world. And I would like to dedicate my first blog to you, Sarah! "For giving me the idea in the first place" (please tell me you know what that quote is from!)

5 comments:

Anna said...

Elise!
I know exactly how you feel about blogging! In fact, my first blog entry was VERY similar to this one, you should read it :) I'm so glad you have one now though so that I can keep up with all the exciting goings-on in Elise land! So when is your next trip to the prairies? Any chance you'll be around on July 28th? (You'll be interested to read my last blog entry).
Well girl... I hope that you're well, and perhaps we can catch up on the phone soon :)

Anonymous said...

elise
i am so happy! i love reading about what is going on in people's lives, even if it is standing in line at the bottle depot!
i am bookmarking your blog and will check it often:-)
welcome to the club!
alida

Sarah said...

yay yay yay!!! I am so glad you started this. I will come back often, so please keep updating! This is such a great way to feel like I am still a part of your life! Such a pretty picture of you too! Love you!!
Sarah

Rachel H. said...

YAHOO - you have entered blogdom. The land in which there are no taxes and you can say whatever you darn well want. Enjoy. I am going to post on every one of your posts so far so that you feel blog-loved and blog-worthy :)

Louise said...

WELCOME! And thanks for defining "WOOT!" for me! I'm a little outta touch on some things but now I'll know where to turn for advice :)