Wednesday, May 9, 2007

*sniffle*

I'm sick. I'm not sure with what, which is odd, because I am a nurse, so you'd think of all people I would be able to tell...but I can't. It's a weird, sore throat, now stuffy nose, no energy, wanna lie on the couch all evening, kinda sick. And all I want to eat is popsicles, ginger ale and carbs (Thrifty's raisin scones have been doing the trick). The only thing I like about being sick is the excuse to watch numerous movies in a row. And usually they're movies I've seen a million times, so it's okay if I fall asleep for 1/2 of it. Now, I haven't been able to get started yet, as most of my day of sickness was spent at clinical (ugh) (side note: I'm doing a clinical rotation for my course right now in the Coronary Care Unit, which is like the ICU for hearts...good times!), or watching good tv tonight (America's Next Top Model and One Tree Hill...I love Wednesdays!!). But I have big movie plans for tomorrow if the sickness is lingering.

And these movie plans will include my Top Movies to Watch While Sick:

1. The Little Princess (the one made sometime during the 1990s...there are a few out there)
2. The Princess Bride
3. Ever After
4. Sense and Sensibility
5. Pride and Prejudice
6. Narnia (warning: the battle scenes are a little loud for napping)
7. You've Got Mail

So, I'm gonna go to bed now, and will probably put in Sense and Sensibility to fall asleep to, only because I leant the first 3 out to a friend while she was sick. So next time you are sick, friends, send your friends or boyfriends or husbands to go get you a few Sick Movies...it makes those hours on the couch a little more bearable than daytime television.

4 comments:

shantala said...

awwww sorry you are feeling yucky! I hate being sick for any reason. I too love to watch movie after movie when I am sick. Some of my favorites are: never been kissed, any of the lord of the rings movies(again battle scenes are loud) About a boy, basically anything I have seen a million times... bound to fall asleep.

Tricia said...

your day plan sounds perfect, except for the sick part. I love all those movies!

Sarah said...

sorry you're sick... but your movie selection is really excellent! I think I'd like a movie marathon day! But at this point in my life I think I'd be forced to have Bernstein Bears, the Wiggles, Veggie Tales and CARS... the best part the the BB's is that Leanne Womack sings the theme song!!! I didn't know that before kids :)
Get well soon!!

ps- I am scrapbooking our Holland pics right now.. such fun memories!! Love the pic of us in the window in Omi's slippers... might have to get an enlargement for my stamping room wall :)

Rachel H. said...

Hi Elise....sniffle, sniffle.....sorry you're under the weather.

Good call on the flicks though. I like to enjoy every black and white movie going on the Turner channel when I'm feeling rough.