Wednesday, June 13, 2007

A Sweet Homecoming!

It's been over a year and a half since I have visited my beloved university home of Calgary! A year and a half!!! Thankfully, my dear friend Laura gave me good reason to come a visit...her wedding!! What a treat to celebrate Laura and Blair's wedding with them...and not only that - But to be in their wedding (bridesmaiding stint #6! I am very close to becoming an expert!)! It was a FABULOUS day! A little hot (29 degrees celsius!), but otherwise perfect! Beautiful ceremony, fun photoshoot...umm...photo session, and great reception/dance party!



Now, one might think that would be enough excitement...but oh, no! There was more to be had! Like reuniting with my dear friend, Heather Mowat (thanks to Facebook!), for a little breakfast at Nellie's (my favorite breakfast place...EVER!).

Aaaaand staying at the lovely Chez Andrea (my favority Calgary B&B), and dining with her, Darcie and Nicole at a FABULOUS new restaurant in Kensington with deligtful authentic Italian pizza, reminiscent of our time in Rome...but without the sardines and arugula this time (love it when the menus are in english!)

Then, of course, there was the inaugral Urban Summit - Calgary Chapter, with Amy and Alida, hitting the downtown scene on Wednesday night...now those will be some fabulous memories!


The rest of my days were filled catching up over many a coffee at Starbucks throughout the greater metropolis of Calgary, with more dear friends, like Teresa, Brad and Samantha. Oh I do love my Calgary home! But I left feeling like, for now, Victoria is the home for me. And that was a good feeling to part with!






1 comment:

Sarah said...

Fun Fun Fun!! I love weddings. She is beautiful, and YOU - YOU are stunning! You look great in these pics. Now, I am very empressed that you have written 2 posts in one day, that is quite a feat!