Friday, November 9, 2007

Procrastination, Thy Name is Elise

I have a paper due in 3 days. I spent most of my morning sitting at the computer attempting to research for said paper....only to find myself looking at everyone else's blogs, facebook, checking my email repeatedly and trying to diagnose the nagging sick feeling I've had in my stomach for the last 3 weeks (don't worry...mayoclinic.com cofirmed that it's not cancer. phewph.)

By afternoon I had finally narrowed down my topic, and actually had some ideas that I could use (it's a comparison of the leadership found in critical care and acute care settings and how this affects job satisfication...just incase you were wondering). But this all came after a trip to London Drugs...really all I needed was shampoo (to avoid the greasy, paper-writing-student-look)...but felt it imperative to go up and down EVERY isle (at least once...twice for the toiletries and make-up). So - not only did I find the shampoo I needed, I became aware of "needing" (and I do use the term lightly) the following: a lipgloss that can go on my keychain, an eye-shadow compact, mousse, a set of multi-coloured pens, lined note-paper, chocolates, a fancy dust rag, an US weekly (that was supposed to be my "treat" after working on my paper all day), face wash and sparkling water.

Of course after I got home from London Drugs I had to make some lunch...and you can't have a lunch break and work at the same time. So I ate my lunch, and while that was digesting (because, heaven forbid, I work on my paper with a full stomach) I started to fix my latest knitting project while simultaneously watching a Friend's re-run.

And now, here I am back at the computer...obviously NOT working on my paper...but I'm getting close. I have opened a word document, and I'm just preparing myself for the genious-ness to start pouring out ...

but I think I better go get something to drink first...

3 comments:

Sarah said...

You too?!!! At least your procrastination on your paper led you to write 2 fabulous blog posts in one week!!! Love it! Great to see you the other day! It's been too long :)

Sarah said...

you found the Holland video!!! that is so fun and awesome! you can just give it to Angus, then you don't have to mail it. or I can email you my address if you want. But I will get it soon if you give it to Angus at church.

Rachel H. said...

I think you should read the US weekly first. No doubt it will give you great ideas for your paper!